Monday 26 March 2012

New kid on the blog

Hi everyone-

Welcome to my blog. Now before I start, I'd like to explain for those of you who might recognise this blog. I did have one, also a football blog called 'the score', but I can no longer access it. I've brought a new computer today and, on a 'fresh start' type whim, I, quite carelessly, deleted my google account to start a new one. Everyone likes a new start. As I changed the email address, I couldn't log into my blog and it wouldn't let me type the old one in. Hence the new blog.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know me I'm Gabriel, nearly 20 and I'm a part-time comedian from Birmingham. I love talking about football, I've got a real passion for it and am a Birmingham City fan. Loads of people have suggested that I should write about it, and well, this is it.

Now, I know topics like the Tevez affair (and more literally, the Giggs affair) from the Premiership are already covered widely by English press- I would assume you will be sick to death of hearing about it. No? Get out. Go on. I'll wait... 
Are they gone? Great. I digress. That's why I've decided to dedicate this blog, for the most part, toward the nPower Championship. I think the league has everything, derby clashes, unpredictability and true grit.

In that respect, I'm hoping that my writing will catch a wave of backlash against a very corporate society within football that became increasingly money-orientated. Now that the reign of Rupert Murdoch over the British press appears to be coming towards an abrupt end, people are more aware of the power of money in our society. Hopefully in football, this will shine through and we can see the real people who are what real football is all about.

So there you have it, I really hope you enjoy this blog, do follow it and spread the word- tell your mates down the pub about it, or whatever.

One final thing, every Thursday I will be making a round of predictions for all of the Championship games on the Saturday- if you wanna send in your predictions for the games which will be posted, send 'em to:


If the e-mails flow, I might start up a prediction game- we shall see.

Cheers for reading

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment